I need to find peer-reviewed articles on non-verbal learning disorders. Can you help?


I must do a project that requires a minimum of 5 peer-reviewed journals about Non-Verbal Learning Disorders.

Answered By: Linda Kern
Last Updated: Dec 12, 2016     Views: 72


Because your topic deals with Special Education I would begin with the Advanced Education Research LibGuide at . Click on the Special Education tab. Here you will find education databases and journals that deal specifically with Special Education. Normally I would suggest you start with ERIC, but ERIC's full text has been temporarily taken down (Aug. 2012) due to problems with a hacker. Instead, select Academic Search Complete. Log in with your 6 digit student ID number (the same one you use to access CampusWeb for grades and registration) and your email user name (jdoe or jdoe1).

The key to this search is the correct vocabulary - figuring out what the database calls this condition. Trying various searches and using the Subject: Thesaurus Term limiter in the left toolbar of the results page, I determined that the most effective search term is ZE "nonverbal learning disabilities" . Don't drop the "ZE" - it tells the search engine which fields to search; the quotation marks are important too. I limited the search to full text peer reviewed articles and came up with 48 results from 1995-2011. Of these, 21 were published in the last 5 years. If you need additional resources, you might try searching the peer reviewed journals linked on the page.

If you need additional help, don't hesitate to ask!

Related Questions