I cannot find peer reviewed articles on the basic Victorian society/era/gentleman/manners.


Answered By: Melissa Hozey
Last Updated: Dec 12, 2016     Views: 155

To find databases you can use the American Literature LibGuide: -- although the guide has "American literature" in the title, these resources are good for finding resources in English literature as well.  For print sources, we have a reference book that may be of help to you: 

Mitchell, S. (1988). Victorian Britain: An encyclopedia. New York: Garland Pub.  The call number of this book is Ref. DA550 .V53 1988.  You may want to go into this area of the Main Collection and look at the tables of contents and indexes of books in this general area to see if you can find additional information in our print collection. 
Of course, this is not peer reviewed articles from journals, but it is a scholarly source that may help with your paper. 


You may also use the following electronic resources (which are on the American Literature LibGuide):

Humanities International Complete

These resources will contain scholarly articles.  For example, seaching "Victorian etiquette" found a few articles.

Related Questions