What are some web-sites that have Scholarly info about Gender Gap in the Workplace?


I have referenced Scholarly Journal Articles, but I don't know what a web-site means.

Answered By: Linda Kern
Last Updated: Dec 12, 2016     Views: 16


Finding web sites with scholarly information is tricky. Usually we go to journal articles from library databases for scholarly information, and web sites for other kinds of information. I would use Google Scholar for this search. Go to . Search "Gender Gap" in the Workplace. The quotation marks around "gender gap" help to focus your results.  On the results page, use the left side toolbar to narrow by date. I chose the last 5 years. It can be tough to find full text on Google Scholar, but this search has a good amount of full text available. Look for articles with [PDF] from... Each of these articles is posted on a web site. Evaluate the articles to be sure they're scholarly. The authors should be from universities or research centers, references should be listed, and they should be written at your professors' level.

You may want to re-read the assignment. Is it possible that the professor wants information from scholarly journals and information from web sites? If so, go to and search for "Gender Gap" in the Workplace . This will search Google for the information, but only information from government web sites, which are good sources for reliable data on the topic. On the results page, at the top of the results, click Search Tools, then Anytime, then Custom Range to limit your results by date. There are a large number of good results listed, all web pages.

Related Questions