Answered By: Kimberly Boyd Last Updated: Jan 29, 2017 Views: 13
Hello! This is a really interesting and difficult topic. I did a great deal of weeding through many searches to find just a few articles. I will forward some of those articles to your student email after I reply to this question.
In addition, here are some of the most effective searches that I did in case you want to go and see all of the possible results:
1. Go into the psychology libguide at libguides.brenau.edu/psychology and choose the articles tab.
2. Scroll down the page until you get to the database Academic Search Complete.
3. In the search bar, type Biological Basis of Religiousness and then limit your results to full text.
This is how I found the majority of the relevant articles for your topic.
4. Next, try a different search in Academic Search Complete - Causes AND Religiosity
5. You should repeat these searches in the database PsychInfo. You may also want to try the search Sociology and Religion or Home Environment AND Religion as I found some good results in PsychInfo using these searches.
We hope this helps and thanks for asking a librarian!