Answered By: Linda Kern Last Updated: Jan 13, 2017 Views: 9
Logging in to the databases is the same, regardless of where you may be.
- From the LibGuides home page, choose a guide that meets your needs. In your case, this would be one of the dozen business guides, such as business administration, finance, or marketing.
- Choose the type of information you need, such as articles or books.
- Choose your preferred database, such as ProQuest ABI/Inform Complete.
- Enter your 6 digit student ID number and the first part of your Brenau email (first initial, last name, and a number if there is one).
- This will get you in.
I've checked your login and this process is working.
If it's not working for you, there are a copule of things you can do to troubleshoot the problem.
First, does the login screen look like this?
If not, clear your cache. Clearing your cache is different for each browser. For instructions, Google
- clear cache Internet Explorer
- clear cache Chrome
- clear cache Firefox or
- clear cache Safari
The instructions will be at the top of the page.
Then try the LibGuides process again.
If you've followed these suggestions and you ARE able to view the library's login page (the image above) but still can't log in, contact a librarian for further assistance at 770-534-6113 or respond to the link at the bottom of this email with a detailed description and screen captures of your issue.
On the other hand...
Does the connection time out before the page loads, or do you get an error message that reads, "DO YOU WANT TO VIEW ONLY THE WEBPAGE CONTENT THAT WAS DELIVERED SECURELY? etc." This Knowlege Base answer from the IT HelpDesk may provide a workaround.
If you've tried the IT HelpDesk suggestion and you ARE NOT able to view the library's login page, you may need to adjust your security settings. Please contact the HelpDesk for assistance at 770-538-4774 or via their Support Page.
We are glad to help you resolve the problem.