Answered By: Trustee Library Last Updated: Feb 05, 2017 Views: 523
When I searched for this title, the only item I found was the book Immigration and Illegal Aliens: Burden or Blessing? by Cynthia Becker. If you found this information in an article database, you were probably seeing a book review for the title instead of the content itself. However, the Trustee Library owns a copy of this book in our reference section. I've attached a PDF of the book's table of contents to this answer; if you would like to see a chapter or section of the book, you can request it through our Information Delivery service here and we can send you a PDF of the information: http://library.brenau.edu/infodelivery-and-ill/request-an-item/
Click the yellow Articles tab at the top of the page.
You'll see a list of the best databases for you in the middle of the page. Try one, like Academic Search Complete.
Log in with your 6-digit Brenau ID number and Brenau email username.
Type your terms in the search box. For example, try immigration. Click the search button.
You may see an overwhelming number of results when you start, but you can narrow them down using the options on the side of the results page. Here's some of the best options you might click to refine your search results:
- Full Text - This gives you only articles that you may read immediately, usually a PDF or webpage.
- Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals - This gives you only articles from academic journals that have undergone rigorous scholarly review before publication. No newspapers or People Magazine here!
- Publication Date - This is how you can choose the date range for articles in the results.
- Geography - This lets you specify a location, like the United States, for your case studies.
- Subject: Thesaurus Term - This option gives you a list of the most-used terms in the wide range of results you've found. You can check the terms that most closely apply to what you are looking for to narrow down your subtopics.
As you tweak your search, also consider trying out different terms for your topic depending on what you are specifically looking for. For example:
- immigration AND children
- immigration AND policy
- immigration AND citizenship
- "illegal aliens" AND immigration